If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Audio Alerts

Post by scottct1
Everytime I am driving I have my iPhone running WAZE.

I do wish that there were some audio alerts for some things...

Like when there is an alert for something within 5 miles of where you are.

Or even an alert for when your munching.

I dont like driving and trying to look at the phone for some of these things, I would rather keep my eyes on the road, it should be to hard to add audio alerts yet allow people who dont want them to turn them off.
scottct1

POSTER_ID:69368

Send a message

Post by phulish
I have to agree with needing additional audio alerts. When traveling at highway speeds, a one mile warning is not enough notice to change multiple lanes in traffic when your exit is on the other side of the highway. You don't quite realize how close you are when the map is on auto zoom. Even a simple announcement such as "approaching turn" at 5 miles out would clue me in to check my lane.
phulish
Send a message

Post by Trigggr
Agreed, some additional warning tones would be nice. Personally, I'd like to see an option for one or two tones to sound before a voice announcement is triggered. That way, I know to start listening for instructions from Waze before it's actually telling me what manuvers are forthcoming.

This way if I'm listening to something else, I know to turn the car radio down in time to hear what's going on. :)
Trigggr
Send a message