If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Report>Hazard>On Shoulder>Construction

Post by piratecove
I would like to see "Construction" added to "On Shoulder" hazard reporting. Reporting a "Car Stopped" just doesn't fit the bill when there's a crew of 5-10 maintenance vehicles on the side of the road and everyone is slowing down to gawk. I know there is a "On Road" construction feature, but again, it's not an accurate report if they're off to the side.
piratecove

POSTER_ID:4797066

Send a message

Post by Daknife
If it's construction it's construction regardless of whether they are working in an actual travel lane or on the shoulder. In Utah at least your speeding ticket will double regardless of where they are if you are pulled over for speeding near ongoing construction. I admit having looked for construction as an on the shoulder option, but on road makes sense as they are a definite hazard regardless of where they are actually working, where-as the on shoulder items, as noted with the cars, are not really that big of a risk, those are mostly a be aware, tow or other vehicles may be pulling off or the vehicle could decide to start moving again, but otherwise not that big a deal risk wise. Construction is a big deal risk wise.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by GPSRitter
In that case why not use: Report>Hazard>On Shoulder>Maintenance?
Would be unique :)
I`ve made this suggestion a couple of weeks ago already ... must be somewhere in the forum
GPSRitter
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Hambone61
There are two more hazard options that I would have used plenty of times: Hazard>On Road>Stopped/Stalled vehicle -and- Hazard>On Shoulder>Object On Shoulder. Hopefully, having unique items for the 'On Road' and 'On Shoulder' is not a requirement, because these options would be quite helpful.
Hambone61
Send a message

Post by mapcat
I think they're trying to make all the options unique, so "construction" is tied in with "on road" and can't be used with "on shoulder" or anywhere else. Just a guess though.

They do need more options, but first they need to make the ones they have work correctly!
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1