Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by iahim
fvwazing wrote:You realize that you are faster than average HALF the time?
Not if they use the maximum average speed for the segment. Waze records the average speed at 10-15 minutes intervals, so by using the maximum of those averages, all rush hour traffic, accidents, etc. would be filtered out.
iahim
Send a message

Post by iahim
fvwazing wrote:
iahim wrote:
fvwazing wrote:You realize that you are faster than average HALF the time?
Not if they use the maximum average speed for the segment. Waze records the average speed at 10-15 minutes intervals, so by using the maximum of those averages, all rush hour traffic, accidents, etc. would be filtered out.

You realize that, in every interval, you are faster than the average for that interval HALF the time?
Yes, and that's why I suggested using the maximum average.
iahim
Send a message

Post by mmbe
Slightly off topic, but i have noticed the speedometer on Waze is 2 miles slower than the digital speedometer in my car. Has anyone else noticed a difference or should i get my speedometer checked out?
mmbe
Send a message

Post by mmbe
Thank you so much. I usually do trust the car speedometer over Waze the speedometer. Was just wondering and you taught me something i didn't know. Alright, off to bed I'm tired. :)
mmbe
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
I have actually grown to be against this idea. I would rather see waze color code the speed based on the averages.

If you are significantly below averages your speed would show red, a little below yellow, at averages green, a little above blue, significantly above purple.

Since waze is targeted at commuters this seems to fit better.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message