Button to refresh map tile

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Button to refresh map tile

Postby BrutusNL » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 pm

I know there are ways to fool Waze into refreshing/updating a map tile, but wouldn't it be nice to have an option to force it to retrieve the tile from the server? Maybe under the 'press-and-hold' menu (where you can choose departure, destination and save) Or another option would be to purge the cached tiles, forcing Waze to refresh.
BrutusNL

Re: Button to refresh map tile

Postby BrutusNL » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Cool. Looking forward to it!
BrutusNL

Postby FrisbeeDog » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 am

Yeah, I'd like to see an option to purge option to force a refresh on all tiles.

I've had a route that wouldn't refresh a corrected ramp onto an interstate (the old tile had a direct left from the overpass onto the interstate instead of overpass to ramp to interstate) until I forced a destination that was past the ramp.

I'd love a purge all option then I would know that I would get the latest tiles after that.
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
FrisbeeDog

Postby krankyd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:46 pm

A few people have asked this before... we'll work on adding this to one of the near updates
wazing like a hurricane
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests