If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Leaving Waze...

Post by jmp316
I hate to say because I have loved this app and edited so many roads, but I think it may be time for me to leave the waze app in favor of iOS 6 Maps. I have waited patiently for bugs to be fixed, routing to work well, and for all features to work as they should.

I really like the concept of waze, but it never seemed to deliver as promised on all fronts. I need something simple and usable and waze just isn't cutting it. Here's hoping waze lives on and gets better, maybe even partnering with Apple or Facebook as I read on a blog post today.

Take care wazers, I'm out as of September 21st (rumored date of new iPhone launch).
jmp316

POSTER_ID:1622505

Send a message

Post by fvwazing
daknife wrote:I even timed an update right on one section of new road and it went live the day before it opened to traffic.
One day *before* it opened to traffic? No wonder people want to try iOS6. :-)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
jmp316 wrote:Hope everyone is laughing with me, not at me... :)
No hard feelings mate, welcome back.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gordonski
Remember, remember the 21st of september. Well, we'll see...
Do you think Apple will give us as many rights on their maps as Waze does? Heck, they don't even allow me to access the file system on my own freakin iPhone!

So long and thanks for all the edits.
Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by gordonski
jmp316 wrote:When routing now, I compare waze to Google Maps on my current iPhone 4. Google Maps almost always routes correctly, yet doesn't consider traffic conditions, as waze does. Problem is, even when I update maps to fix routing problems, there is almost always still routing problems. I'm not moving due to the looks, but solid routing that adjusts for traffic consistently. Waze is not nearly consistent enough for me. Sure, Apple won't allow me to edit roads. However, if they correct in the first place, then they won't need to be edited. I don't have iOS 6 beta right now, so I'll have to check it out on the new phone.
Well, if you had an Android device Google Maps could consider traffic conditions (which, to be honest, are quite precise and up-to-date). What Apple does withe their new Maps app is to catch up to Google in that point, maybe take a step ahead by adding 3D flyover-whatsoever-stuff. As far as one can tell from this Apple site the new Maps app does not allow users to directly correct maps. And I don't see any hints that users may even submit reports about dangers, closed roads or traffic directly.
Surely, Waze is by far not the omnipotent, ultimate, flawless navigation app, but as far as I know, it is (without flattering) the only app that offers a functionalty like e.g. Google Navigation combined with a user interaction like e.g. OpenStreetMap.

Gordonski

Edit: For reasons of completeness I should mention that ForeverMap aka. Skobbler (using OSM) also provides the combination of the two major features I mentioned above but just ain't as much fun to use as Waze. ;)
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by jmp316
When routing now, I compare waze to Google Maps on my current iPhone 4. Google Maps almost always routes correctly, yet doesn't consider traffic conditions, as waze does. Problem is, even when I update maps to fix routing problems, there is almost always still routing problems. I'm not moving due to the looks, but solid routing that adjusts for traffic consistently. Waze is not nearly consistent enough for me. Sure, Apple won't allow me to edit roads. However, if they correct in the first place, then they won't need to be edited. I don't have iOS 6 beta right now, so I'll have to check it out on the new phone.
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
I'm back. Apple Maps suck, and the new Google Maps just isn't as good as waze. I'm sorry I ever left. Never again.
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
Hope everyone is laughing with me, not at me... :)
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
AndyPoms wrote:
amiga6 wrote:where not too happy ...

Apple to buy Waze rumor...
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36048

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/02/app ... pany-waze/

Does this happen then I leave Waze, have to go back to TomTom or go to Google maps.
See the last posts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36048 It's all rumor
I was the OP of that thread... I left Waze (after being very active for years) when iOS 6 came out. Apple Maps suck. period. I'm back for a week and these rumors start... Luckily they seem to be untrue. For now.
jmp316
Send a message

Post by Laakkus
CBenson wrote:Maybe if the default is slower than the actual and slow enough to make the alternatives seem faster, then you wouldn't get routing until the real traffic data accumulated.
That is my understanding about how it works.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Laakkus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area manager: Some cities
Country manager: Finland
Suomenkielinen Wiki | Asemien tarkistus | Editointiohje
i9300 | Resurrection Remix | Waze 3.9