Leaving Waze...

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Leaving Waze...

Postby jmp316 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Hope everyone is laughing with me, not at me... :)
jmp316

Leaving Waze...

Postby jmp316 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 am

I'm back. Apple Maps suck, and the new Google Maps just isn't as good as waze. I'm sorry I ever left. Never again.
jmp316

Leaving Waze...

Postby fvwazing » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 pm

daknife wrote:I even timed an update right on one section of new road and it went live the day before it opened to traffic.

One day *before* it opened to traffic? No wonder people want to try iOS6. :-)
fvwazing

Leaving Waze...

Postby jmp316 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:57 pm

When routing now, I compare waze to Google Maps on my current iPhone 4. Google Maps almost always routes correctly, yet doesn't consider traffic conditions, as waze does. Problem is, even when I update maps to fix routing problems, there is almost always still routing problems. I'm not moving due to the looks, but solid routing that adjusts for traffic consistently. Waze is not nearly consistent enough for me. Sure, Apple won't allow me to edit roads. However, if they correct in the first place, then they won't need to be edited. I don't have iOS 6 beta right now, so I'll have to check it out on the new phone.
jmp316

Leaving Waze...

Postby jmp316 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:14 am

I hate to say because I have loved this app and edited so many roads, but I think it may be time for me to leave the waze app in favor of iOS 6 Maps. I have waited patiently for bugs to be fixed, routing to work well, and for all features to work as they should.

I really like the concept of waze, but it never seemed to deliver as promised on all fronts. I need something simple and usable and waze just isn't cutting it. Here's hoping waze lives on and gets better, maybe even partnering with Apple or Facebook as I read on a blog post today.

Take care wazers, I'm out as of September 21st (rumored date of new iPhone launch).
jmp316

Previous

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests