Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Client: Road font size per road type.

Post by Elgirts
I love the new richer cleaner fonts for iPhone v.1.6. However, after using it for some time, I noticed something that gets a little annoying at times. Names for smaller streets, seem to dominate the screen when I don't need them. I was thinking that a slightly smaller font for the lesser roads would help. For example:

Freeways/Highways: I- 5
Ramps: Exit 25 Pass Ave
---
Primary Street: Devonshire Blvd
Street: Oak Dr
Private road: Greenbrire Cir

This way, at a quick glance, you can tell if the street you are looking at is a major road or not. Plus, it then doesn't look all jumbled, but instead rather organized.

Just a thought.
Elgirts

POSTER_ID:68126

Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Elgirts
You know, I was thinking this too. I just couldn't think of a way to word it.... You nailed it.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by FrisbeeDog
Agreed, on linking streets on the client to the level.

Right now though, I'd settle if could get ramps to be deemphasized. They should not appear the same as the major highways/freeways that they are attached to.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by QuickOK
sketch wrote:I like this idea, but I think it would be better still to have the client only display road names of non-streets (i.e., Primary Street and up) until a certain zoom level is reached.
2nd'ed
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by robin1979
And city names in a different font/color please :D
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by sketch
I like this idea, but I think it would be better still to have the client only display road names of non-streets (i.e., Primary Street and up) until a certain zoom level is reached.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!