If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Tapatalk Update / Config

Post by GeekNJ
On all my other forums I view with Tapatalk, I receive notifications on my phone for PMs and Subscriptions. For Waze, I do not receive Tapatalk app notifications. It doesn't seem to be a config on my phone from what I can tell. Is the forum here configured to provide notifications to Tapatalk users?

I get the standard email notifications when subscribed to a topic or when I receive a PM on the Waze forums, but nothing direct to Tapatalk.

http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapata ... ugin=phpbb
GeekNJ

POSTER_ID:1800437

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
I saw there was an update for Tapatalk today. Haven't gotten home to load it off the wifi yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I get notifications for both subscriptions and PMs. It's almost definitely not been updated for the new push notifications though.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
GeekNJ wrote:
bigbear3764 wrote:I saw there was an update for Tapatalk today. Haven't gotten home to load it off the wifi yet.
TWhat we're discussing here about the push notifications appears to be server based config and not a client app issue as long as your client is relatively recent. I've got push updates on my Android app since I think I've owned the smartphone app.
Tapatalk push notifications are currently on iOS only and in beta for Android. Both very recent. It does require the forum-side plug in to be upgraded.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Push notifications are sent to the device similar to SMS. Up until now Tapatalk has used Pull notifications, ie the app polls the forum periodically depending on your settings and then downloads anything new.

Pushes tend to be quicker, usually almost instant. Push also uses less data and less battery.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
GeekNJ wrote:I know push/pull, but I get neither from Waze. Seems Waze doesn't support "pull" notifications either, at least as far as my device is concerned.
Not sure why it would be device specific but it definitely supports pull...
uploadfromtaptalk1347482838443.jpg
(39.06 KiB) Downloaded 725 times
via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
Yes - I was referring to the "push notifications" as Tapatalk calls them. I guess though my phone shows I would receive notifications for this forum, it's not checking that the Waze forum itself is configured to actually push the notifications to me.

Hopefully the Waze team will update/config the forums to support the new feature.
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
bigbear3764 wrote:I saw there was an update for Tapatalk today. Haven't gotten home to load it off the wifi yet.
TWhat we're discussing here about the push notifications appears to be server based config and not a client app issue as long as your client is relatively recent. I've got push updates on my Android app since I think I've owned the smartphone app.
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
I don't have any beta version of Tapatalk unless their released version on Google Play / Amazon App Store is their beta version.

I receive notifications for subscriptions and PMs for other forums and it has been that way for a while. That or they mean something different by "push notifications" and what I receive on those other forums isn't push notification. In that case, I'm still not receiving any client based tapatalk alerts for Waze PMs or subscriptions like I am for other forums.
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
I know push/pull, but I get neither from Waze. Seems Waze doesn't support "pull" notifications either, at least as far as my device is concerned.
GeekNJ
Send a message