If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Disability, Special needs

Post by McDanielT
I am 74 and have ET (essential tremor). My children installed Waze on an iPhone7 they gave me. When driving pop ups cover the map and I have to pull off the road to clear them. This is stressful and dangerous. Is there anyway I can stop all pop ups? I would sincerely appreciate your help. Thank you.
McDanielT

POSTER_ID:17519080

Send a message

Post by jm6087
Certain pop ups (ads) should only happen when you are stopped and should go away once you start moving again. These can't be turned off but shouldn't bother you while moving.

Other items are reports that can show on the map while driving. You can adjust these settings to work for you.

If you go to your settings menu and select "Map Display" and then "Reports". There should be a list of items that you can adjust by going through each one.

Hopefully this helps.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by McDanielT
I live in densely populated NJ. I am guessing, from what you say, that when I stop at an intersection the ad pops up and I don't notice until I am driving. It doesn't go away. I have to pull over so that I can try to swipe it (not easy with ET). Recently the carpool popup comes up and I cannot get rid of it. I had already made the adjustments in settings you mention. Unfortunately, I am not the optimum or typical user of Waze. Thanks anyway.
McDanielT
Send a message