Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Reduce alert noise

Post by noodlesnz
I'm seeing alerts from Bangkok and Russia (I'm in New Zealand). I'm seeing these on the website and every now and then in the iphone app.

It'd be great to limit alerts to 100km or so. Or at least in the same country.
noodlesnz

POSTER_ID:210213

Send a message

Post by m_linc
"Why do I get to see traffic reports hundreds of miles away in the client?
The button on the client show the nearest 20 traffic reports. Sometimes, when there are not many wazers in your neighborhood, you'll see traffic reports from a little further away. Waze only actively shows you the traffic reports within a certain radius of your location (using a pop-up), so if you are not interested in seeing reports from further away, do not click the button."

ok...but...i dont want to get that traffic reports...i dont want that my phone download them...why not put some option...

Do you want to get traffic reports? ON/OFF
m_linc
Send a message

Post by m_linc
support wrote:
m_linc wrote:"Why do I get to see traffic reports hundreds of miles away in the client?
The button on the client show the nearest 20 traffic reports. Sometimes, when there are not many wazers in your neighborhood, you'll see traffic reports from a little further away. Waze only actively shows you the traffic reports within a certain radius of your location (using a pop-up), so if you are not interested in seeing reports from further away, do not click the button."

ok...but...i dont want to get that traffic reports...i dont want that my phone download them...why not put some option...

Hi mates!

well...you can choose if you want to see reports on your map.
just open "settings" (wrench)
select "map"
under "show on map" you can choose whatever you want to be shown on your map.

cheers
Ori,
support team
and that ALL is turned to OFF...and i still get reports(on client is written - Events)....i dont want that events....so i have...Events and small 20 in uper right corner...i dont want that..i want to turn off that events..i dont want that client download them...
m_linc
Send a message

Post by m_linc
thank you very much:)
m_linc
Send a message

Post by peSHIr
Haven't seen such a quiet mode in WM 1.8.0 (or earlier) yet. Also, I don't want to eliminate them altogether, but only have the client download (and if choose so, show me) the events within say 150 km. Any further away than that really is no use to me at all.
peSHIr
Send a message

robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by support
m_linc wrote:"Why do I get to see traffic reports hundreds of miles away in the client?

Hi mates!

well...you can choose if you want to see reports on your map.
just open "settings" (wrench)
select "map"
under "show on map" you can choose whatever you want to be shown on your map.

cheers
Ori,
support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by support

and that ALL is turned to OFF...and i still get reports(on client is written - Events)....i dont want that events....so i have...Events and small 20 in uper right corner...i dont want that..i want to turn off that events..i dont want that client download them...

m_linc

hello again!

our developers are working on a version that will enable a "quiet mode",meaning it will not show you any events while driving and using waze.

cheers!
Ori,
support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message