If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Waze for Windows Vista and other Laptops

Post by mrdonnie
I want to take my laptop on my next vacation and would like to be able to use it for navigation using Waze. Is there any possibility of Waze for laptops?
mrdonnie

POSTER_ID:147614

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
This topic is over three years old. In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by krankyd
Maybe MrDonnie can help us with a wiki article (after we check whether it's working or not).. I think it fits better there.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by maantje76
test_virtual1 wrote:Guys, all the huge car-pc community crying because of Waze PC client abscence.
Somebody, please help !
Install Android emulator and start wazing !
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
Can we sticky this?
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
Good idea.
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
I may try it here in a few
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by support
MrDonnie wrote:I want to take my laptop on my next vacation and would like to be able to use it for navigation using Waze. Is there any possibility of Waze for laptops?
hi!
as you know, "waze" was designed to support only cell phones and we do support many kinds of cell phones. We never tested it, but waze should be able to run on a laptop assuming it has all the required components (data connection, GPS reception and a platform that waze can run on).

Most likely the easiest way to go will be with a WM emulator.
You'll also need a cell phone tethered to your computer, or a cell modem and a GPS device that you plug to your laptop or connect with BT.
You can use this Microsoft Device Emulator 3.0 Standalone Version : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
These Windows Mobile 6 Localized Emulator Images : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en
and Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

This should be a good start... good luck!
cheers,
Ori
support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by test_virtual1
Guys, all the huge car-pc community crying because of Waze PC client abscence.
Somebody, please help !
test_virtual1
Send a message

Post by test_virtual1
maantje76
Install Android emulator and start wazing !
As far I know Android emu does not support incoming port settings for GPS...
Additionaly, emulators are extremly slow, and causes problems with the sound, and the CPU usage is very high !
Please correct me, if it is wrong.

I (and not only I) would love any REAL instruction how to perform it.. Links, HOW-TOs, examples e.g.
Probably, emulators are realy non-comfortable things in the aspect of their integration into front-end programs. I have iGO navigation program, which was created by its developer for pocket PC only, but some clever guys did their magic and converted it to the one single .EXE file, which now may be executed even from command line, with resolution or other parameters, with configuration file editable in regular notepad (for GPS port settings e.g.).
I know that it is huge and very hard work, but it would be wonderful, if someone could do the same with WAZE.

However, I would be happy even with working Emu based WAZE, because its definately better then nothing :D
Please share your ideas, thank you very much
test_virtual1
Send a message