If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Just Dreaming - Waze 5 years from now

Post by rtwolfe
Yep I'm a newbie but fell in love with the Waze concept from the get go.
Of course, you start thinking about the software and I was wondering where could Waze potentially 'take us'.... What is your dream 'future' Waze scenario.

My dream would be a Waze that has expanded from great 'execution' of my driving plans
to being an essential advisor that helps me 'make' my plan.

For example, Waze is connected to my calendar and knows my 10th anniversary is a month away. Waze pops up a planning reminder for this upcoming event. Waze knows Saturday night is open and knows that I tend to like a fancy romantic evening with my wife, (the rare times we get out) and that usually price is no object.

Waze can google Twin Cities entertainment websites (local newspaper sites, theatermania, or waze even remembers our favorite theaters and knows the reviews for what is showing) for romantic options, checks availability of tickets and where we would sit. Also, Waze knows we like jazz and blues and will also check who is playing and knows the music we have in Itunes and which get played most frequently. Same with movies (big studio and indie) or events like Cirque De Sole is in town. Waze also knows my OpenTable information and checks timing and availability at romantic restaurants with good wine lists and great service. Waze knows to tell me to ask for one of the booths that overlook the Mississippi river, based on info from other Wazers.

So, then I get to pick - starting with the restaurant or what we want to do. But wait! We need a baby sitter. Waze knows our favorite sitter from my contacts and has me call her to see if she's available. She's not, so we call the second one. Daughter Lucy likes her but this sitter is fussy about what she eats. The second sitter Mary is open so I tell her to hold the evening and I'll call back with specifics.

I pick the option of seeing a Shakespear play at the Guthrie theater and we get the last 2 seats in the front row on the aisle. Waze suggests 3 restaurants near the Guthrie based on wazer reviews, our experience with the restaurant, cuisine but Waze also suggests a 'wild card'. It's a new restaurant, only opened 2 months ago. Wazers who live in our demographic and go to the Guthrie theater rave about the place, and they have an opening for two. I scan the restaurant reviews and the new restaurant's website and menu, and, I like it, so Waze books us.

So, I'm nearly set but there are a few loose ends. Like 'what is the traditional gift for 10th anniversary' Yike's tin or aluminium! Waze has a record of great suggestions and helps me out.
It happens that pewter is 90% tin and suggests I get a pewter frame and put something meaningful inside. Waze suggests a couple stores near the house that carry pewter frames and also some custom print shops. So, I get a reproduction of our wedding invitation made and put it in the frame with a personal note that I'd do it all over again. Plus Waze suggests diamond earrings are on some traditional lists and knows 3 jewelry stores that are having sales. So, I pick up a nice set of those too.

Now it's Saturday. Waze knows I need to pick up Mary at 5:00 and the sitter only likes lettuce wraps from Pei Wei. So, again Waze puts in an order at Pei Wei for Lucy and Mary with a 4:30 pickup and prepays the bill using my Visa. Waze plans the route based on traffic patterns and pings me with a reminder to get going. I get the food, get Mary, and pick up my newly dry cleaned suit from the cleaners. I change quickly and we're off to the restaurant by 5:30.

Everything runs effortlessly and even, on the way home from the theater, Waze pings me that business is unusually slow at Lucia's Wine Bar, where Lisa and I first met, and we could stop in for a drink on the way home. I ping back for Waze to book us at Lucia's for a night cap.

So, I'm a hero to my family. And waze is an essential tool for organizing my life and maximizing the time I can spend doing things I want to do and minimizing the hassles. Impossible? I'd bet the Waze development team has already brainstormed this and more. What's your dream Waze?

P.S. Scenario Two. How bout helping me when I just learned my brother in law is arriving this weekend with his kids. So we'll have two 7 year old girls and a 12 year old boy to contend with. Give me a plan with options Waze!
rtwolfe

POSTER_ID:219180

Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG