If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Colorblind - night map colors

Post by topgear100
I've updated to v3.5 and the new night map color scheme makes it very hard for me to distinguish between the route color and road color since I am colorblind. I know there is a way to change day time colors but are there plans to introduce options for night colors?
topgear100

POSTER_ID:1952367

Send a message

Post by Jonnyhuk2
They're different colours???

I am red & green colour deficient ("blind"), I can't see the red in the purple so they both look blue to me.

Seriously I didn't actually realise they were different colours till I read this thread!!!

Always seemed daft to me, my route colour is the same colour as motorways and other roads!

It's something like 1 in 9 males have some form or level of colour-blindness so it's not actually that uncommon.
Jonnyhuk2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Ex-Area Manager - southern Hampshire / W.Sussex, UK

Post by Steviex2Shoes
I've thought the same thing, and made mention to wife that the colors blue and purple are way too close to each other for me being colorblind to distinguish against. While its not super difficult to figure out what road you're supposed to be on, I have had some issues where I thought a turn was a coming up but it was not because the colors are so close.
Steviex2Shoes
Send a message
Droid Bionic Stock 4.0.4