Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Saving settings during an upgrade

Post by flipfone
Tonight i jumped into the car and headed to work, 3 minutes down the road i said "Hey, wheres my Waze?" i turned it on only to realize i needed to enter my username and password AGAIN, because there was another upgrade. Can you possibly SAVE that data and my settings? I cant be typing in my username and password as i jump onto the highway @ 80mph. I dont think thats too safe. :D

ok thanks folks other than that i think the pauses in voice directions are a bit much. in 1/4 mile........................turn right maybe shorten up that pause or im missing turns, i cant drive THAT slow, lol.

Thanks other than that great job !!
flipfone

POSTER_ID:25977

Send a message

Post by cobra
What phone are you on? The iPhone version has saved my settings when upgraded.
cobra
Send a message

Post by flipfone
im on the Hero (Android) yes the pauses are better with this latest version, i guess i had spoken too soon. :D
flipfone
Send a message

Post by flipfone
i just did an upgrade thru the market. every time i have i needed to re-enter my username and passsword into the app.
flipfone
Send a message

Post by flipfone
ok i just downloaded 1.7.1.4 and upgraded from 1.5 that was in the market. the upgrade went fine and all my user settings were saved.. sorry i wasnt aware that i wasnt running the latest version.
flipfone
Send a message

Post by krankyd
@flipfone - on android your settings (especially login info) should be saved when you upgrade.
We've tested this on many devices. Are you removing the old waze before installing the new version? Or just doing a regular upgrade through the android market?
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by MisterAsterix
cobra wrote:What phone are you on? The iPhone version has saved my settings when upgraded.
And one of the latest iPhone updates got rid of the pauses for me.
MisterAsterix
Send a message