Waze for Windows Phone 8

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby hailstorm » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 am

At present I have exactly 0 navigation programs on my HTC 8x. Really hope Waze reconsiders support for Windows Phone now WP8 is out.
hailstorm

Re: Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby jeffro02 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:02 am

+1 for waze on WP8. I was a daily wazer until I switched from iPhone to WP8 (love it). I am missing reporting traffic jams!
jeffro02

Postby lizaoreo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm

I too would love to see a WP8 app, but I figure for a time at least I may JB my iPhone and leave it mounted in the car with a task launcher type JB app to get Waze started when it starts charging (I start the car) and have it connect to my soon to be coming Lumia via tethering. Don't know how long I'll deal with that though :/ Depends on if it's cumbersome and such, if it is, I'll just use Nokia Drive.

Oh, and about the comment about new software/hardware being buggy... since when is that Microsoft only? Microsoft, Google, Apple, <insert company> all have buggy software/hardware issues when they first come out. It's part of making software/hardware and releasing it.
lizaoreo

Postby OldGnome » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm

thnninen wrote:Arrogance only hurts companies and services.

Your arrogance, in the form of "give me what I want, or I am going to go elsewhere" is quite amusing, in the light of what else you are posting.

Did it ever occur to you that there may be a very good technical reason why there are no GPS apps for Windows 8 phones? Could it be that the return on investment is too low (in spite of you adopting the platform)? Could it be that there are technical issues with Windows 8 (technical issues with a brand new Microsoft product? Who would have guessed?)?
OldGnome

Postby OldGnome » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I am constantly amazed and amused by the posts in forums for various free applications when a particular user doesn't feel as though they are getting what they want from the application. Threats to leave and take market share, grumbling about how the developers don't care, sniping at those who are offering up counterpoints to their only partially considered viewpoints....

If you don't like the application, don't use it. You don't need to log on to a forum and let the entire world know that you are disappointed with the app.

Move on already.
OldGnome

Re: Re: Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby palmerit » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 pm

thnninen wrote:Oh, they will see, they deinitely will.

Arrogance only hurts companies and services. ...

LOL at the irony of you calling someone else ... arrogant, with such an arrogant flare!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
palmerit
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby rottielover » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 pm

+1

I'm an iPhone user who's seriously considering a switch to Windows 8 Phone (Nokia's Lumina 920). Waze is a favorite app, but not something I would "lock into" iOS for.
rottielover

Postby rottielover » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 pm

To try and get back to point, I'd just like to say that the Nokia Lumina 920 is a very nice device. I've switched from my iPhone3gs and I don't plan on swapping the 920 for an iPhone5.

Given the fact that MS has Windows 8 on tablets like the surface, I think it would pay off for Waze to consider looking into writing or porting the app over. I don't claim to understand every detail, but it seems like you can write your app once and make it available to Phones, Tablets, and Desktops in one swoop.

Anyway, I just hope they consider writing the app for Win8 phone, the devices are nice, and I think you're going to see market share shifting, maybe not quickly, but I think it's going to start happening.
rottielover

Postby Speed_Razer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 pm

I too hope for a WP8 app - I use android on my S3 now as it is my company provided device, but we are moving to WP as a platform so I will not have Waze anymore it appears. I was hoping to see that it was coming but it does not appear to be so.

WP8 now supports native code and all other major needs of waze, and as was mentioned others have even hacked it to work. If it can be hacked to work then it could be made to work lol. Ah well, trapster is there so I'll use it and Nokia drive/maps for now.

Waze, if you come over there are users there for sure. Platform was small to start but it is doing pretty well now really.
Speed_Razer

Postby springstone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 am

Too bad Waze for WP8 isn't on the cards. iPhone (5 even) are at least a year behind everyone else in terms of product development, and WP8 is just fantastic (especially the Nokia Lumia 920).

As others on the list, I'm ditching my hugely disappointing iPhone 5 for the Lumia 920. Fortunately, it comes with Nokia Maps, so all is not lost. I will miss Waze though, it's my favorite iOS app... and is vastly better than anything else on the platform.
springstone

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests