Waze for Windows Phone 8

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby spyweb » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Microsoft should buy Waze LOL. Done. Integrate it with sharepoint just like every other company they are buying hahaha! :o
Stop complaining, Live your Life, You've only got one!
Area Manager - North East - Massachusetts
spyweb

Postby thnninen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:28 am

I can only speak for myself, but I'm switching to WP8 as soon as my Lumia 920 arrives. I'll miss my waze a bit, but I'll grow out of it. And, I'll have to add, once they've lost me as a user, I'm not coming back.

If they don't care for their customers, I don't want to use them. Simple as that. You can only lose me as a user once.
thnninen

Postby thnninen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 am

Oh, they will see, they deinitely will.

Arrogance only hurts companies and services. And communities. They might think they're so important that they force people to choose Android or iOS, but I'm pretty sure they'll find out they're not.

They don't have to care about my choice, but then again can they afford losing users? They think they do, I disagree.

I can live without waze, can they survive without users?
thnninen

Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby top_gun_de » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 am

springstone wrote:Too bad Waze for WP8 isn't on the cards. iPhone (5 even) are at least a year behind everyone else in terms of product development, and WP8 is just fantastic (especially the Nokia Lumia 920).

As others on the list, I'm ditching my hugely disappointing iPhone 5 for the Lumia 920. Fortunately, it comes with Nokia Maps, so all is not lost. I will miss Waze though, it's my favorite iOS app... and is vastly better than anything else on the platform.

Well, the maturity of iOS can be judged with different criteria. Concerning MDM and data protection, iOS maintains its advantage of 1-2 years ahead of Android and Windows Phone 8 with constant improvements in these areas.

However, we might switch to Windows Phone 8 if the advantages in office- and sharepoint integration measure up with the disadvantages of a more difficult deployment on Windows Phone 8. That's a fleet of appx. 350 devices, 18 of which have Waze installed (counted by our MDM).

Losing Waze would be bad, but it's not our top priority when it comes to platform selection.

Best regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby top_gun_de » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am

Well, I consider your absolute point-of-no-return-attitude a little too strict.

Windows Phone 8 is so new that nearly no one has yet written software for it. It is compatible with WP7, but the API-restrictions on WP7 were so harsh that the GPS-software was close to zero. Apps couldn't perform as well on WP7 as on iOS or Android.

WP8 has been released about 2 weeks ago, and it's upcoming market share is yet to be determined. You should allow any company, especially a small company as waze the time to determine if WP8 and it's numbers justify a newly-developed client.

Waze for WP8 would be an entirely new beast - iOS-Apps are written in Objective-C, Android-Apps in Java, and WP8-apps in the .net-supported languages like C#. Add to that the plattform-differences, and you might get an impression how much effort it would be for a small company to support an entirely different smartphone system with yet another version of Waze.

Best regards,

Detlev

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby top_gun_de » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 am

There is a WM7-Port from an old source. So it might either be a Beta from Waze or the hack...

Best regards,

Detlev

top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xteejx » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 pm

If it's anything like Windows 8,it won't work properly anyway. Stick with what you have lol

Seriously though I've not heard anything about Wazes plans for WP platform, currently its just android and iOS because of the market share.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 am

But you're the one changing platform and phone...
I don't see how that is Wazes fault or problem.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm

I really don't think waze with their 20+ million users are worried about wp8, but let's hope if and when it comes to developing for it that the rest of the users aren't so abrupt in dismissing an app that is offering something for free and currently not even close to breaking even.

I thought my attitude was bad at times, but I gave up stamping my feet and spitting my dummy when I don't get my own way when I was a kid.

Don't worry, Jo Frost is on her way with a nice Android phone :lol:

xteejx

Re: Re: Waze for Windows Phone 8

Postby xteejx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm

lizaoreo wrote:It's part of making software/hardware and releasing it.

Actually, it should be part of testing, not releasing. That kinda gives the "oh s**t" scenario ;-)

xteejx

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests