If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

iPhone 5 thoughts/suggestions

Post by kylemore3344
I have been using Waze for a short while and have the following thoughts/suggestions;

When using landscape mode the directions bar at the top occupies to much of the screen and isn't translucent enough. With the iPhone 5 there is a lot space wasted at the sides perhaps the information at the top and bottom could be at the sides freeing up the vertical space for the map.

When marking a map issue the point should saved allowing the user to continue there journey and add the necessary information at a time that is safe to do so. Currently you are left with the details screen visible until it is safe to enter said details which is usually at the end of your journey.

When reporting a traffic jam a countdown should appear showing the distance that that report refers to. If you are still in a traffic jam after that point you can report a second instance and so on.

In general I find the app excellent and has helped journey times.

Regards,
Mark.
kylemore3344

POSTER_ID:10952562

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
kylemore3344 wrote:When using landscape mode the directions bar at the top occupies to much of the screen and isn't translucent enough. With the iPhone 5 there is a lot space wasted at the sides perhaps the information at the top and bottom could be at the sides freeing up the vertical space for the map.
This is being addresses in the latest beta which should be released sometime next week.
When marking a map issue the point should saved allowing the user to continue there journey and add the necessary information at a time that is safe to do so. Currently you are left with the details screen visible until it is safe to enter said details which is usually at the end of your journey.
You can hit the "Later" button which sends an icon to the edge of the screen which you can tap and complete at a later time. You can only queue one item at a time though.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
kylemore3344 wrote:I also receive a lot of "searching network..." warnings even though I have good cell and 3G signal, I assume this is also a known issue.
Not that i am personally aware of. There is a feedback thread for the current release. You should post such queries there.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by kylemore3344
Thanks for the response.

You will have seen me register a map issue but give no further details because I didn't realise what the 'Later' option did. Obvious now!

I also receive a lot of "searching network..." warnings even though I have good cell and 3G signal, I assume this is also a known issue.

Thanks,
Mark.
kylemore3344
Send a message