Display Destination Name Throughout?

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Display Destination Name Throughout?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 pm

In the search results, the name should display. Try flipping to another provider. You've got 6 to choose from. If you search for address, you will only be shown addresses.

Could you provide what you entered for a search and post a screenshot of what your results are?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 pm

For POI/biz names, it switches to either 4sq or yelp for me, but only if it cannot find any other results does it stick with Waze or go to Contacts automatically. Waze has no database of POI/biz including address, so your results will only be for street names or cities which match words in your search string in the Waze results section.

Just switch to a different results provider.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Display Destination Name Throughout?

Postby OldGnome » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

When I search for a business name, I'd like to see the name so that I know whether what I am really looking for has been found or if the name that is attached to an address is only similar. Today, the search results in an address that I can navigate to, but the name does not display.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?
OldGnome

Postby OldGnome » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 pm

I search on the term "Brandon Bike" and from most providers, I get the name to appear, along with the address. Here is the result from Waze and from my Contacts in my iPhone.

Search Results From Waze.png
Search Results From Waze.png (82.67 KiB) Viewed 399 times

Search Results From Favorites.png
Search Results From Favorites.png (59.38 KiB) Viewed 399 times

It occurs to me that I may have developed a habit from my years of using a Garmin which is getting in the way here. That is, creating a list of names & addresses for use by the navigation device. For businesses, should I default to using one of the search engines?
OldGnome

Postby OldGnome » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:For POI/biz names, it switches to either 4sq or yelp for me, but only if it cannot find any other results does it stick with Waze or go to Contacts automatically. Waze has no database of POI/biz including address, so your results will only be for street names or cities which match words in your search string in the Waze results section.

Just switch to a different results provider.

Thanks, Alan.

I would then hazard a guess that the recommended way to use Waze is to not search against one's contacts, but against other providers so that the name will be retained.
OldGnome

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests