If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by tgp1994
Ah, makes sense... Well, power to the waze devs. They've been doing a great job so far :)
tgp1994
Send a message
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!

Post by tgp1994
I would like to update this (sorry for the bump though):

I just entered the address both into Bing and Google Maps; they pinpoint the location directly in the middle of the building. Waze, however, still prefers to route to some odd point on the main road off of the hotels driveway. Does waze take a somewhat long time to take new road additions into consideration when it's routing? I'm pretty sure I added the driveway in a few weeks ago.
tgp1994
Send a message
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!

Post by tgp1994
jasonh300 wrote: If that's the point where it's routing to, that's not going to change by adding a driveway.
I was just assuming that Waze was using some sort of cached routing information, and it was snapping to the closest road or something... Just a guess :)
jasonh300 wrote: When you search for a location in the Waze app, you have the option of switching to Bing or Google as a search provider. If you do that, does it route properly?
Sadly, it doesn't. Both providers stay in the same location, on the main road.
tgp1994
Send a message

tgp1994
Send a message

Post by tgp1994
Well, shoot, now I know to RTFM a little more when I'm making a change :). I know it was a small deal, but I appreciate the effort. Thank you!
tgp1994
Send a message