Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

qusi-Gas Buddy

Post by mitchejj
:idea: One thing I would love to see a waze like product/app to have would be a gas buddy reporting system. With the GPS mapping in place you have exact locations and real time gas price reporting. Maybe some day when your able to search and enter POI on the phone...
mitchejj

POSTER_ID:10178

Send a message

Post by JohnTChance
mitchejj wrote::idea: One thing I would love to see a waze like product/app to have would be a gas buddy reporting system. With the GPS mapping in place you have exact locations and real time gas price reporting. Maybe some day when your able to search and enter POI on the phone...
Gas Buddy was riddled with inaccurate reports due to people just parroting inaccurate prices. I was a top reporter in my state and finally just got fed up with this issue. Gas prices should be reported by someone stationary at the station. This is how I completed price reports as a LEO. I reported the prices where I was doing business checks, not just driving close by and parroting the last report. In the latest version, the wheel input has to go and be replaced with the keypad method. However, the automatic return to the map after submitting the prices was tip top.
JohnTChance
Send a message
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

Post by mitchejj
sketch wrote:Even if you don't work anything out, it'd be very easy for a Waze user to stop at a gas station and hit "Save as POI", and to type in a price when passing by.
That could work however you would want the gas prices be able to centrally collect all gas price and key it to a date and time so you could do some type of statistical analysis over time... not to mention the gas prices should have a short time span, 2-3 days.
mitchejj
Send a message
Wiki all knowledge!
Metro Detroit Area Manger servicing central Macomb County

Post by sketch
Oh, man, I thought about how nice that would be, and then I thought about how much work I still have to do on the maps... :lol:
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
The Fej wrote:We are looking for cooperating with such services. So while it will take time to think of the right method of cooperation, it's definately something that we will add to the system.
Even if you don't work anything out, it'd be very easy for a Waze user to stop at a gas station and hit "Save as POI", and to type in a price when passing by.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by The Fej
We are looking for cooperating with such services. So while it will take time to think of the right method of cooperation, it's definately something that we will add to the system.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message