If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Gas prices updates and "3rd Party"

Post by KKPapi
The handling of user updates of gas prices versus 3rd party feeds should be fixed.

Right now it appears that user updates get overwritten nightly with 3rd party data. The problem is that that the 3rd party data is consistently outdated by at least a week. This results in good data being overwritten with bad data on a daily basis. This is very frustrating.

I suggest that 3rd party data gets applied for a given gas station only if there haven't been any user updates for several days.
KKPapi

POSTER_ID:5483349

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote:Yesterday, I found that the 3rd Party prices updated that day were exactly correct. :shock:
I see those, too, but usually at least a day or two after the price was initially changed in Waze by drivers. The 3rd party just comes along and inputs the same data. Otherwise, if 3rd party is the first to update data, that's when we end up with NA.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Yesterday, I found that the 3rd Party prices updated that day were exactly correct. :shock:

When asked directly about adding/deleting/editing Gas Stations in the USA, Waze said changes to the system are coming...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by twsitedpixel
On this note I wish we could send a note to delete stations and such. There is a gas station that shows up on the map that has been vacant for 4 years but still shows as a gas station on waze. Wish i could delete it and have another driver confirm that.
twsitedpixel
Send a message