If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Feature Request: Map Your Own Route

Post by inkblob
It would be nice to be able to map a route in Live Map, save it and load it in Waze as a favorite route. Since local drivers usually know the easiest paths to work, school, shopping, etc., Waze can use the saved routes to propose better alternate routes.
inkblob

POSTER_ID:2217555

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not a direct answer, but related to your thoughts: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ# ... _routes.3F
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
mpounsett wrote:Late to the party here, I know .. but I'd love to see a saved route feature as well. I ride a motorcycle, and like to pick a route I'm going to follow ahead of time. It would be great to be able to save that in the live map, and have the Waze app giving directions in my ear rather than trying to read hand-written directions off a sheet of paper in the top of my tank-bag.

That'd also give me notice of any road hazards other Wazers have noted in their app, and allow my app to collect travel speed info for others.
This topic is almost three years old. In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by danohi
+1 suggestion! With the traffic in town on the interstate, I usually prefer to take the state highways & local streets to travel back to home. I cannot get Waze to plot a alternate route to the one state highway.
danohi
Send a message

Post by Gamersea
Good suggestion, maybe it's possible that it uses this info for navigation during rush hours as locals most of the time also know the better routes during rush.
Gamersea
Send a message
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by mpounsett
Late to the party here, I know .. but I'd love to see a saved route feature as well. I ride a motorcycle, and like to pick a route I'm going to follow ahead of time. It would be great to be able to save that in the live map, and have the Waze app giving directions in my ear rather than trying to read hand-written directions off a sheet of paper in the top of my tank-bag.

That'd also give me notice of any road hazards other Wazers have noted in their app, and allow my app to collect travel speed info for others.
mpounsett
Send a message