Graphical Sub-Menus

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Graphical Sub-Menus

Postby bretmcvey » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 pm

I'd favor this approach as well. The iconography would definitely help in finding the appropriate option. Given much of the UI uses iconography regularly in other areas, it would certainly increase consistency as well as identifiability.
Country Manager: USA
Areas of Focus: Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming and NW Missouri

bretmcvey

Graphical Sub-Menus

Postby motofabio » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm

I put this in another thread, but I feel it's important enough to get its own topic.

You could spend forever making minor tweaks and adding features, but my biggest usability suggestion would be to have graphical sub-menus rather than a list. To read a list takes your eyes off the road for too long and with the bumps, it's easy to select the wrong item. I've whipped up a new sub-menu screen in Photoshop.

Note the new items: Car stopped (so common, but missing) and Slippery (instead of Oil spill, which works for any liquid, sand, gravel, black ice, etc.)

Fabio
VP, Product Management (for a software company)

motofabio

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests