Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Suggestion: Update Map - Practice Route function

Post by rtwolfe
As an area manager, It would be helpful if Waze let us pick 2 points, Like going from Home to Work, or Home to favorite restaurant, and then have the waze navigation logic generate the route it would have given us on the client, using current information in the database. This would quickly highlight the bad routing points, let us fix them, and then re run the 'practice route', fix new errors, etc, until we finally have given waze the correct data to properly calculate the route.

Assume this should be a check box thing on the Layers box and have a pop up window that lets you set the beginning point and ending point. Would be nice if the function also called up all the options that the client know (favorites, saved searches, recent searchs, Local search, etc)

Thanks for listening

Ted
rtwolfe

POSTER_ID:219180

Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG

Post by Elgirts
Yes, but I think I know what he is asking for.. In order to do as you say, he would have to wait for it to update to the server. I think what he is asking for is a way to check a route as you edit it within cartouche. This way you can see if there are any errors right away before it is updated to the server. I think that would be a great idea.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by pmsumner
You can already do this with the live map. Switch to Live Map view, then click on point A and choose "Set as origin", click on point B and choose "Set as destination". Voila.
pmsumner
Send a message
Area Manager for Chester, Wrexham & Oswestry areas in the UK
Running Waze on Android - T-Mobile G1 - Cyanogen 6.0.0 ROM

Post by rtwolfe
You are both right. I did not realize you could use live maps to scope out a route using the web. Thanks. That helps for the first shot at fixing a route. However, it would be more helpful if this function existed in edit maps so we could incrementally make changes on the Update Maps side and keep making changes until the route looks 'just right'. LOL then wait 3 days to see our fixes uploaded to the live map/client map.

Thanks for the feedback
rtwolfe
Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG