"In one mile…"

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: "In one mile…"

Postby pzly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 am

CBenson wrote:Once again, what's the problem with "in one mile, turn right?"

Nothing, but that's not what mine says. I'll try the minimal voice instruction setting as mentioned.
pzly

Postby pzly » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm glad I brought this topic up. It seems that many people are tripped up by the grammar. I think the goal of having the distance instruction first makes perfect sense but trying to use a casual form of speech seems to be frustrating for some. I've been managing just fine after switching from "including street names" to "directions only (with themes)" as the navigation guidance setting but would still like to see(or hear) the correct grammar being used.
pzly

Postby timbucks » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:37 pm

I still find the queuing of instructions for closely spaced junctions wrong. You'll get "in 800 metres get ready to turn left and then turn right"... why would I want to confuse everyone by getting ready for a left turn and then actually turn right? In such cases the get ready has to go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
timbucks
Beta tester
Beta tester

Previous

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests