If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Suggestion: Update Map - Locked Indicator for road segments

Post by rtwolfe
Hi:
This would be really helpful. I am going over local streets in my Area and, after I confirm that the direction is set correctly, I am 'locking' the direction. However, it is taking some time and, when I get back to the task, I forget if I have locked a particular segment down. I lose a lot of time, just checking to see if a correctly directed segment is actually LOCKED. Also, other area managers can make edits in my area (which is great, by the way...) so they may have locked a segment before I get to it.

If you could enhance the map editor so it could would show BOTH the direction (< or > or blank or little pink astrices) AND whether a segment was LOCKED or NOT LOCKED, it would make this task a lot easier. Since you can do pink, is it possible could enhance the Update Maps to use Red and Pink to indicated if a road segment is unlocked.

Red > or < :for unlocked one ways
Red --- :two way road that is not locked
Pink * asterice

BLUE when things are locked.

Blue > or <
Blank (the current look) for two way roads that ARE locked
Blue * asterice - if the area manager wants the road to have no access but they want to lock it,

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
rtwolfe

POSTER_ID:219180

Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG

Post by fvwazing
Oh - and we need not only a way to see at a glance if roads are locked but at least we need a quick way to toggle the lock as well. Currently, if you select a roadsegment and press "G" you are in the geo-editing mode, would be nice if another key at that point would toggle the lock. "L" is taken for the coordinates-popup, alas. Best would be some way to mass-lock all roads in an area.....
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
That way every attribute could be represented at a glance - top idea, Jon!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by jondrush
I'd like to be able to toggle on and off the display of all details of a road. Let's say I want to verify the city listed for a road. It would be easier to toggle on the city name (which would toggle off the road name) and do a quick scan of all the roads in the area to see that they are properly specified. Same goes for state, country, type of road, alternate names, etc. Please, please, please! This would make checking your work and finding dumb errors so much easier.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
What advantage is elaborating there instead of here?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
OK, I've posted my suggestion on uservoice. Please vote if you think this would be a useful tool for editors.
http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... cartouche-
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by krankyd
that makes sense and actually quite a good idea. we'll toss it around and see if we can do something in this direction.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by rtwolfe
Thanks. Did you also see my other suggestion.
concept is too add you navigation route planning logic to the map editor. Today the only way to confirm that your map edits have fixed waze so it produces a route well is to make changes, wait a couple days until yourmap edits transfer to the production waze map db, the drive the darn route and see what happened. It would really speed up the correction process if we could make changes, simulate running navigator between two points, if still have errors, fix those, re run navigator, ...continue until roads are right. This too would be big help. Email if that doesn't make sense.
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 342#p24142
rtwolfe
Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG