Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Black box camera?

Post by ski1382
Had a thought for a future Waze update. Since the majority of us (I suspect) mount our devices on the windscreen, could the camera of the phone not be used to record the journey? In the event of an accident it could automatically store the preceding minute or so of footage. Likewise, if something else happens (like you witness an accident) the option to manually store the footage would be great.

I know black box apps already exist but they cannot run at the same time as Waze (at least not on iphone) so could the geniuses consider this one?
ski1382

POSTER_ID:8107978

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It's been suggested. I doubt Waze will do this any time soon, if at all. There's a lot of core GPS nav functionality they need to include first.

Why can't you run Waze in the background? I have recorded video with the built-in camera app while running Waze.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by JCL75116
18 monthes later ... maybe the core GPS functions are now ok and WAZE could consider again this brilliant idea ?
JCL75116
Send a message