Black box camera?

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Black box camera?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm

It's been suggested. I doubt Waze will do this any time soon, if at all. There's a lot of core GPS nav functionality they need to include first.

Why can't you run Waze in the background? I have recorded video with the built-in camera app while running Waze.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.1 | Waze v3.7.9.925
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Black box camera?

Postby ski1382 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Had a thought for a future Waze update. Since the majority of us (I suspect) mount our devices on the windscreen, could the camera of the phone not be used to record the journey? In the event of an accident it could automatically store the preceding minute or so of footage. Likewise, if something else happens (like you witness an accident) the option to manually store the footage would be great.

I know black box apps already exist but they cannot run at the same time as Waze (at least not on iphone) so could the geniuses consider this one?
ski1382

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests