If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Facebook and/or webpage App

Post by spdweb
I think I have seen this mentioned once before but I think it would be a great idea to have a facebook app to display general details about someones waze account on their facebook page.

Some basic privacy controls could be implemented.

Choose to display

Driving / Idle
Speed
Route
Direction

Not only would that make a nice little widget for a facebook profile, it would also be good advertising for waze as well.

P.S. This could be taken a different direction as well. Code could be given on a persons Dashboard page to allow them to add this widget to any personal webpage. This should be really easy to do and I think a lot of people (myself included) would use it.
spdweb

POSTER_ID:264297

Send a message
HTC Touch Pro 2 | Waze 1.4.2.3

Area Manager: Eastern Maryland / Delaware
Currently working on:
MD Route 404 Dual Lane Conversion (Finished)
MD Route 50 Dual Lane Conversion (Finished)
Traffic Flow Patterns in Denton, MD and surrounding areas

Post by FrisbeeDog
I've asked for this in another thread, but it would be great if we could selectively post the routes were are taking on Twitter. I don't want it to automatically tweet every route so a "Tweet This Route" button on the "Report" menu would be awesome.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by peSHIr
I'd love to have a widget as spdweb suggests. I would like to include my current location using Waze on the page people get to see when they click on the "Where am I?" link on http://blog.peshir.nl/

Please make this happen...
peSHIr
Send a message

Post by support
Hi!

all i can tell you is that you're in for a surprise....very soon. ;)

cheers

Ori.
support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by telley36
That's very nice!

I was a bit excited when I saw that there was a Twitter tie-in. Unfortunately, my twitter-ing is very minimal (basically, I follow comedians..).. Facebook, on the other hand, I use regularly and want to show off my wazing!

My wife makes fun of me because I post on my facebook all the time that, "I'm on my waze home," or, "I'm on my waze to work!"

Keep up the good work and Thank you for making it fun! :D
telley36
Send a message
..adam
Sprint HTC Hero v1.5
2005 Black Ford Focus
Florida's Space & Treasure Coast

Post by TK80866
telley36 wrote:That's very nice!

I was a bit excited when I saw that there was a Twitter tie-in. Unfortunately, my twitter-ing is very minimal (basically, I follow comedians..).. Facebook, on the other hand, I use regularly and want to show off my wazing!

My wife makes fun of me because I post on my facebook all the time that, "I'm on my waze home," or, "I'm on my waze to work!"

Keep up the good work and Thank you for making it fun! :D
You can use the twitter app on facebook to automatically update your fb status with the latest twitter status ;)
TK80866
Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)