Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Narrowing the notifications while not moving

Post by FasterThanYours
Someone has to have brought this up before, but I didn't see it.

When I first started using Waze, I thought the notifications were cool, but then I realized, it's not notifying me of reports on my route, it's just notifying me of reports with the 5 mile radius. This is a horribly inefficient way to assist the user to make an educated guess of the traffic congestion either on their navigated route or in the direction they are going.

My suggest would be to narrow the notifications to the ones closest to the user's navigated route within 5 miles ahead or the reports that are in the same general direction that the user is traveling. Almost never have I gotten a notification of a problem ahead in time to make a route change.

I basically travel 2 main roads everyday to and from work and if I could be notified at the stop light of traffic that's building ahead, I'd have the option of changing my route even before Waze notices the problem.
FasterThanYours

POSTER_ID:7429648

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FasterThanYours wrote:Someone has to have brought this up before, but I didn't see it.
Did you search? I can't imagine you looked too hard since this thread is on this page of this forum you just posted in. And that's just one of many. And there are two related answers in the FAQ if you're interested in turning them off.

A search for "reports on route" will give you several relevant threads as well, such as http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... s+on+route or http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... s+on+route
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ