If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Adjusting "sensitivity" of following route

Post by Shinsen_1378
I love using Waze but I've noticed it is very slow to notice you have driven off of the navigation route.
For example if the highway is running very slow and I choose to take the parallel access road it still thinks I am on the highway. This makes the server think the highway is flowing fine, when actually it's the access road that is clear. If I restart waze it knows I'm on the access road so it's not a GPS accuracy issue. I think it is just giving too broad of an "error circle" before it triggers that I have strayed from the route.

My old MIO GPS running iGo software has an adjustable sensitivity setting that lets it recognize VERY quickly that you are no longer on the original route. Having something like this, maybe in the advanced area, would be great. Plus it would help with giving a true indication of highway conditions.

I'm on latest Android version 3.5.1.4 on a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using AT&T
Shinsen_1378

POSTER_ID:2642724

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
When you are navigating, Waze has, and appropriately so, a stronger "stick" to the suggested route to deal with errant GPS signals. If it didn't, you'd see us getting rerouted constantly as our GPS drifts 30m in either direction. Having an option is a cool advanced feature, though.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by WeeeZer14
To deal with the issue, you don't have to shut down Waze -- you can just stop navigation which should allow you to snap to the proper road and then restart navigation once you are on the right road.

Though I will admit that shut down and restart may be less distracting while driving ;)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator