If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

General Error (User Reported)

Post by spyweb
So, I've started to help with Edits on the map and user reported problems. But I'm finding that either the people reporting the problems don't know how to report, or maybe I'm missing something else. I've got a little over 1K edits so far, and just started posting on the forums. Please see this picture, when I see problems like this I just select " Not Identified " as there's it the Icon for the problem but nothing else other than "general error" what should/would I/you do? Let me know and thanks!

http://center.chesterton.com/error.png
spyweb

POSTER_ID:10934080

Send a message
Stop complaining, Live your Life, You've only got one!
Area Manager - North East - Massachusetts

Post by Bigbear3764
Yep, with no route or notes, hard to tell. Mark as not identified and move on.

Depending on what area you are in, you will see system error reports (no smiley face). In my area, If they ask you to draw a road because the driver swung into a McDonald's or gas station and waze sees there is no road there, I mark those solved. I know what happened, and it's not a problem. Now the system kicks out person didn't take suggested route. Have to scan around to see if you see any errors. They might have been fixed already. We don't know yet if marking these not identified invites the IGN editors to town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by gordonski
I sometimes submit error reports in my managed area without a comment (I don't like typing while driving), so this will remind of the problem I found when I open the map editor the next time (which I do way too often). So when I find an empty UR which was not submitted by myself, I usually leave it open for a few days, in case another editor did just the same thing. When nothing happens I check the surrounding area for obvious map problems. When there are none, I mark the UR as "not identified".
Has worked well so far, no nearby IGN landings haven been reported so far...

Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by spyweb
All right guys! Thanks for the replies, I like the "wait a little" before marking the resolution. I too sometimes create map issues like a river was going right onto the street LOL so marked and posted "I'll fix this myself". I'll continue this journey, it's pretty fun.
spyweb
Send a message
Stop complaining, Live your Life, You've only got one!
Area Manager - North East - Massachusetts