Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Android client API request

Post by AleqCZ
Hi,
it would be nice if you would consider some kind of Intent/API (Tasker/Locale) allowing users/developers to terminate the Waze. I'm using Tasker to start Waze automatically as soon as the mobile phone is cradled in the car. I would be nice to have an option to close it. I need to do it manually everytime I'm exitting the vehicle. Killing the application doesn't help however, it respawns.

thanks for looking!
AleqCZ

POSTER_ID:537103

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Meh. No need. Just use the proper method. It's way faster and easier for everyone.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AleqCZ
Ok, so there are some people who want it and some people who don't need it. Those, who don't need it obviously know better than others, speaking for everyone ;) The thing that they don't need need it doesn't means nobody needs it.

It's still a valid request though and very easy to implement. It's worth considering. Just 1 registerReceiver() call, custom Intent and that's it. It would be appreciated a lot by those who would use it. The results could be also the Waze application is used for literally every car drive, that means more traffic information for everybody in the end.

Please consider it. Thank you.
AleqCZ
Send a message

Post by Boiler_81
Agree, this would be great.
aleqcz wrote:Hi,
it would be nice if you would consider some kind of Intent/API (Tasker/Locale) allowing users/developers to terminate the Waze. I'm using Tasker to start Waze automatically as soon as the mobile phone is cradled in the car. I would be nice to have an option to close it. I need to do it manually everytime I'm exitting the vehicle. Killing the application doesn't help however, it respawns.

thanks for looking!
Boiler_81
Send a message

Post by Daknife
And tapping the screen twice is soo hard. Tap the Waze button on the lower left side, tap "Switch Off". Just tapping the home button at the bottom of your phone has never actually killed Waze, just minimized it. Tapping "Switch Off" really kills it. Yes it would be nice if Tasker could be programmed to kill it, but it's not likely you aren't already grabbing the phone in the first place, taking long enough for two taps doesn't slow you down that much more.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
I would also love this feature. I also use Tasker and have requested this feature from Waze multiple times.
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN