Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Force alternate routes

Post by Scott216
I was driving on rt 87 in NY and there was a lot of traffic. I asked waze to give me an alternate route, but it only gave me the one route I was on. So I just got off the highway and went around the traffic without waze's help. I would like to see the alternate route feature modified so if you asked for an alternate route, it gave you at least a couple choices, even if by Waze's calculation those routes were longer. Waze could give an ETA for each route and let the driver decide.
Scott216

POSTER_ID:3910796

Send a message

Post by wickedlou9
I had this issue today too. I wonder if there was a problem? In a place where it normally gives me 2 other choices it didn't give me any. The road I was ( 295 North) on was clearly a disaster and I wanted to see if the NJ Turn Pike would be better. It wouldn't offer it as an option. I took it anyway and it was all clear.
wickedlou9
Send a message