If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Waze is learning the ways in Mpls St Paul

Post by rtwolfe
It has has been a little more than a month since I first used Waze. My daughter and I still laugh about the time we first used it. That Sunday, we were navigating from Edina to Plymouth congregation church in Minneapolis off Franklin Ave. All was going good until we were traveling down 394 heading into town and Waze calmly told us to turn right. Like right into a freeway wall! I later untangled that one. It was a non existent crossing road with two junctions to 394.

Well, here's two examples of why Waze is working much better, the hard work of Twin Cities users and area managers is paying off.

First, on my daily commute to 3M in St Paul from Edina, waze alway suggested I go up to Hwy 100 and take 394 east through the Lowery Hill tunnel. I actually tried that route once, when we first moved to Edina. But at that time of day, the roads are impossible, so I learned to cut across South Minneapolis on 36th street to catch 35 W north to 94. We'll just this Friday, I noted that enough Wazers had taken 394 that it was yellow heading into Minneapolis. Waze finally had the data it needed and it picked my alternate route using 36th street. I felt like a proud father watching his kid taking it's first baby steps.

This second one is even cooler. I mentioned the Sunday route and I've been trying to get Waze to get me there 'correctly'. There were some issues with the Lowery Tunnel and connections to Lyndale and other streets that ran overhead. I got all those fixed but still didn't seem to be getting the 'right' fastest route to show up in navigation. My right route was to take 394 to 12th st, then catch Lasalle to Franklin. Waze kept trying to get me off early on Dunwoody. But, today I decided to take the Waze recommendation. As you probably already guessed, it was a faster more direct route that I hadn't considered.
Cool.
rtwolfe

POSTER_ID:219180

Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG