Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Photographic gas price update

Post by CKsWays
I've been thinking; The world over, most gas stations use pretty clear, huge signs for displaying their gas prices. The spacial relations between fuel type and price are also very clear and should be easily referenced.
It should not be too hard to have an OCR type functionality to update gas prices.
I've found myself at red lights numerous times trying to update the gas prices of a gas station on the corner just to find typing takes way too long (especially with the prompt not jumping from one field to another after all digits have been entered). And so upon green light I just aborted and resumed driving.
OCR would have helped create an update. Just snap a picture of the sign and then choose the station to update.
Just a thought...
CKsWays

POSTER_ID:5376691

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
We asked Waze to enable this type of feature a year ago when gas prices were being considered.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ