Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Turn off useless alert popups!!!

Post by Realeyes
I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been suggested, but Waze has one unfortunate feature that "drives" me nuts: the popup alerts while I'm driving that start telling me about hazards being reported in other towns and routes that have nothing to do with where I'm going. It's puzzling that perhaps the most well engineered app on the market has such a ludicrous design flaw. These alerts are pointless, both because the map already displays icons that show alerts in the surrounding area, and because no one cares if there's construction or traffic in another town that has nothing to do with your trip. Secondly it's just dangerous, the popups occupy the whole screen while in the midst of driving and have caused me to miss turns more than once. If not removal of this feature, at least let me switch it off in the Settings menu. This is honestly the one thing keeping me from jumping on the App Store and providing a glowing rec of your product.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and let me know if there's any hope for disabling this pointless feature in the future.

Sam aka Realeyez on Waze
Realeyes

POSTER_ID:12723597

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please use the search function to return the dozens of threads already in existence about this, including the fact that they can be turned off in the app, which is addressed in the FAQ.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ