Out of Order Traffic Light

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Out of Order Traffic Light

Postby AndyPoms » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 pm

This has been suggested before, however what most people don't realize is that Waze will already detect the abnormal traffic jam in that area & route around it (no matter the cause). *Please note that sometimes it is still faster to go through a jam than around one.

P.S. You posted this in the Map Update Request forum, not the Suggestions for the app forum, so I moved it for you.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gamersea » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

I understand the idea but I'm not in for it. In The Netherlands every night certain areas shutdown there traffic lights. Getting reports on that would mean I get redirected around whole blocks, which are essentially faster.

Just my 2 cents.
gamersea

Postby nyskinut » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 pm

I would like to also voice my support for a way to report non functioning traffic signals. There were numerous traffic lights out on my way to work this morning. Note, that there was NO traffic jam due to many people being off work and schools being closed today. I checked Waze, nobody reported traffic jams or other "hazards" at these intersections. This certainly would have been nice to know considering the snow and somewhat poor road conditions.
nyskinut

Out of Order Traffic Light

Postby Wielietjie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

Can you please add a button to report Out of Order Traffic Lights. It can lead to a huge traffic problem and there is not any way where you can report it on Waze! :(
Wielietjie

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests