If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

ETA - Minutes left toggle

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
I am sure there are people that are interested in how many minutes are left in their journey. However, I am just interested in my ETA and it seems every time I glance at my phone it's switched to the minutes left display.

Would it be possible to include a toggle switch in a future release so that I can just see the ETA all the time?
MarkOnTheRoads

POSTER_ID:6650

Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The feature to tap-toggle the ETA/minutes remaining has not been implemented. Did this ever get added to the client uservoice? Search for it and see, and if not, go ahead and add it.

FYI, we know that the ETA does not take into account time zones. I don't think any GPS system does yet, but I could be wrong on that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CopTrapSpotter
I know this is an old post, but...

Was there ever a fix for this?
It is extremely annoying and actually dangerous to keep having to watch the screen to wait for it to give an ETA.

If it's not possible via a setting, has anyone figured out some "other" way to fix this?
CopTrapSpotter
Send a message

Post by CopTrapSpotter
Added to uservoice:

Waze Client Suggestion: ETA Only, Time Remaining Only or Both. (http://uservoice.com/a/8jCJe)

I hope this safety feature change gets picked up soon...

Thanks!
CopTrapSpotter
Send a message

Post by deeggo
That's my opinion too!
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by Elgirts
+1 - Like everyone else, every time I look, I see the time left. I find myself constantly glancing at the phone for it to switch back to ETA. I am concerned that constantly checking the phone and waiting for the ETA to show up is taking too much attention from my driving. Like it was suggested, perhaps a toggle in settings for "preferred trip time display" listed as "ETA/Time Left/Both"
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by gibby71
+1, I swear everytime I look for the ETA it always is showing minutes. I wish I could just tap it to change to the time.
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by jasonm128
This should have been added to the CLIENT section, not the EDITOR section. I'd vote for it in the client area but there are higher priority things for me in the editor section.
jasonm128
Send a message
Area Manager : NW Suburbs of Boston, MA
HTC Droid DNA - Android 4.4.2 - Verizon
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by tibble
I have tried and tried. Couldn't find the setting in the iphone versions config file :(
tibble
Send a message
Area Manager: South Eastern PA, USA
Waze Beta 3.7.2.993 - iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png