Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by cameraguy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The official word is "[Google] deprecated their API. It was returning a lot of error results so we had to remove it."

My interpretation: "Google notified everyone that their API was changing, just like foursquare did a year or so ago, but we didn't pay much attention and didn't get our code updated to deal with the new API requirements, so it broke, so we had to remove it."
Thanks! Let's hope they fix it and return Google to Waze. I hope it's not because Bing paid Waze to get rid of Google.
cameraguy
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Great translation. I think I'll have to nominate you for localization expert on the solicitation form for experts and coordinators.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
No Google here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by chickenofeathers
It's gone for me, too. It's just awful. Already I'm having trouble finding addresses that were easy to find before with the Google option (which used to be the third option in search after Waze and Yelp). I am very disappointed in Waze. It used to be my favorite Navigation app, but with Google disappearing as a search option, I can see I am going to have to start using other apps or go back to printing out a hard copy of the Google Map prior to leaving the house.
chickenofeathers
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
Has anyone heard anything from Waze about whether (and when) this might get fixed? The thought of depending on Bing frightens me...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
Looks like it's back, at least here in Israel. Is Google back for everyone now?

DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by DonRadlauer
Yep - just checked again to make sure, and one of the search options is definitely labeled with a nice big Google-style 'G'. No 'B'-for-Bing was visible either - so either good things are happening, or else maybe the problem never existed here. (I don't recall if I checked - this all started while I was in the States to attend my father's funeral, and I was not exactly at my swiftest at the time!)

DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Google search now appears to be working in the UK - with a slight wrinkle!

If I search for something and wait until the Bing listings appear, I can then select the Google button from the bottom and see Google listings. If I hit enter on the search and then select the Google button whilst the client is still searching, I won't get any Google results - although I will still get Bing results.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by Jpere
Gone for me too :evil:
Jpere
Send a message

Post by KB_Steveo
Still not on my phone here in the states. I just upgraded to 3.6 too
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator