If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

WinMo Update Suggestions...

Post by Projekt_SHIN
Hey, I'm not sure if this is gonna reach the eyes of the developers themselves, or if its just for the community to "fantasize" about...but regardless here are my suggestions for future installments...

*Friends List- I guess if you use this soley as a turn by turn navi app then it does the job... but just like any other GPS app on the market. To seperate it from other applications. I think you should try to incorporate a friends list of some sort... This would allow for you to be able to find your friend wazers and see how far they are from your destination or their current location... (obviously this would have to be approved by both wazers for any privacy issues that might come up...

*More Custom Options- If you did have a friends list, perhaps there could be a option where you can choose to view only your friends... cause to be honest, I don't necessarily need to "See" other annonymous waze users filling up my map space.. if anything i feel that they are simply just making the app/servers work harder then it should... this would only be applied to the other non-friend wazer's icon.. all the changes/updates/reports would still show up in the report system...

*Quicker Refresh Rate- Ideally I would like my friends Waze icons to move smoothly across the map as it is shown on my own Waze Map Interface. As opposed to periodically and sparatically jumping from point to point on the map. Now I already know that this would probably be not possible.. considering exactly the amount of work and strain it would cause on the servers... So I'm suggesting a Quicker Refresh Rate... Possibly only 20-30 Seconds... as opposed to whatever it is now.. it seems like 1-2 minutes... This would be handy because lets say a group of friends/wazers all decide to meet at a movie thatre and all are starting from different starting points... It would be really nice to see the progress being made.. especially if you end up being the one that gets there first... You can see exactly where they are and how far they are from you... and if they are really only "5 min away" as they claim ;) lol... I guess we can do it with how it is now.. but it's far from accurate... the distance traveld during the long refresh rates are too big to compensate mentally...

*Different Types of Reports- More options when reporting a condition. Perhaps more specific types of traffic... stuff like that... and making sure speed camera reports stay on map... (I drive to work, using same route.. and 3/7 times.. the same speed camera that i reported for other users to be aware of.. has disappeard...

*Overall Performace- Everything from making it smoother, More responsive, and most importantly More CONSISTANT... I understand that it is in the early stages of development so thats not really a huge deal for myself... I'm more focused on newer features so that it can become a huge GPS/Tracking/Navi/Social Network App... to set it apart from all the other GPS apps that practically offer the same thing...

*More attention to WinMo!- I guess since WinMo is getting ready for a complete overhaul of their operating system, I can understand that the production on WinMo 6.5 hasn't really "taken" off.. also the old operating system is actually kinda hard to develop for as well so its understandable.. but with WinMo 7 coming out development will be a lot easier and welcomed on all aspects so i'm basically just asking for the same amount of treatment as the iPhone users and Android users... Android is running a older version the WinMo, yet it has more features and fixes then our 1.8.0 version...

I understand that this is free ware and honestly I LOVE what you guys have done already... I'm just going off the top of my head of some features that i wished it had whenever i'm running it on my mobile phone...This application, in my opinion has the hugest potential that i've seen so far... I believe that it would attract more wazers ......this a mobile application could be practically used by everyone...I am pretty confident that none of my suggestions will get added.. but it was fun to pretend about my own personal super app...

regardless continue your awesome work... and please give your loyal Waze Users some type of preview of whats to come in future installments... We are constantly spreading the word and i am honestly noticing increases in the amount of Wazers in my own area.. which is a huge improvement... throw us a bone!!!
Projekt_SHIN

POSTER_ID:305158

Send a message

Post by krankyd
Hi
we're doing our best and will work on more ways to share the info about which features are to come and which features have already arrived....
All your suggestions are good ones and we've taken them into considerations. Some things we're already working on, such as improving the refresh rate of the maps, and other things we will see how and if we can implement.

thanks again!
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane