Automatic registration of bumpy roads and potholes

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Automatic registration of bumpy roads and potholes

Postby Scorp42 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm

If running Waze had any potential to contact authorities simply because I didn't dismiss a pop up in time.. I'd stop using it IMMEDIATELY.

When I drive, I don't talk on the phone. I don't text, I dint interact with Waze or any other app. To require me to do so is a safety concern. Not only tot me, but for every other driver and pedestrian along my route.

With that said, I think this thread was a good discussion, but I don't think I need to spend any more time in it. Cheers!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
Scorp42

Postby grinvaldsjanis » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm

palmerit wrote:If running Waze had any potential to contact authorities simply because I didn't dismiss a pop up in time.. I'd stop using it IMMEDIATELY.

When I drive, I don't talk on the phone. I don't text, I dint interact with Waze or any other app. To require me to do so is a safety concern. Not only tot me, but for every other driver and pedestrian along my route.

With that said, I think this thread was a good discussion, but I don't think I need to spend any more time in it. Cheers!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We are running in circles here. As I said, if we talk about smoothness of road or potholes, waze could record only similarly, repetitive patterns of same segments of road. In such solution You must not talk or push something on phone.

Vote for This feature on uservoice!

Other case is when possible impact and following complete stop of vehicle happen. You should be able to respond on phone's dialog... phone could also make signals and flash to attract Your attention to make You answer. Anyway - it must be clear that You are not driving, vehicle is not moving - accelerometers are still, gravity sensor is still, gps data same for some minute.

Vote for This feature on uservoice!
Waze Latvia Social expert
grinvaldsjanis

Postby mpa_pt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:07 am

people,

for comum peopole to understand, a easy way to solve this and an simple idea:
when editing roads can't we just put the street type as coblbled? This would be easy to set up for Waze and would help a lot on some "historical" ou "not that rich" cities that have cobbled roads (that me and my car hate a lot!).
an exemple: I rather to more 10% more ETA than have to pass on cobbled roads.
Waze, pelase add this feature.

Then, anyone can choose their proper journey. =)
What do you think?

Waze it all! - mpa
mpa_pt

Postby grinvaldsjanis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:03 pm

mpantunes wrote:people,

for comum peopole to understand, a easy way to solve this and an simple idea:
when editing roads can't we just put the street type as coblbled? This would be easy to set up for Waze and would help a lot on some "historical" ou "not that rich" cities that have cobbled roads (that me and my car hate a lot!).
an exemple: I rather to more 10% more ETA than have to pass on cobbled roads.
Waze, pelase add this feature.

Then, anyone can choose their proper journey. =)
What do you think?

Waze it all! - mpa

Great suggestion! I live in Riga(Latvia/LAT/LV), which is originally ancient town with old-town in the center and many roads there are cobbled, also some major downtown roads are cobbled, but some argues that speed on cobbled roads are lower so usually waze will not suggest to make routes through them. But I also think that in same options window where we chose to not use long gravel roads there could be also option to not suggest too long sections with cobbles or just include cobbles to same preference, but there also must be possibility to show cobbled roads in the map editor.
Waze Latvia Social expert
grinvaldsjanis

Previous

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests