"Anonymized" email contacts

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: "Anonymized" email contacts

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:26 pm

They are working on enabling in-app and in-editor communication that doesn't rely on email. If the user has "Anonymous" selected in the app, I would hope they also show "anonymous" in the communication.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby daknife » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Or just use the PM system as it currently works: I have a question about what needs to be fixed, I compose and send a message. The User gets an email to their subscription email address notifying them that a Waze Editor has a question about their report, it gives them my question identifying me by no more than the fact that I am an editor and allows them to reply again, without ever seeing a real name or real email address. At most we see each others Waze usernames and two way communication could even be done without that much info. But using the usernames might even get a few more users to realize the assets available here on the forums.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby daknife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 am

The point is that it could use the PM system without showing you the username. It just sends it.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby gordonski » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:57 am

daknife wrote:Or just use the PM system as it currently works: I have a question about what needs to be fixed, I compose and send a message. The User gets an email to their subscription email address notifying them that a Waze Editor has a question about their report, it gives them my question identifying me by no more than the fact that I am an editor and allows them to reply again, without ever seeing a real name or real email address. At most we see each others Waze usernames and two way communication could even be done without that much info. But using the usernames might even get a few more users to realize the assets available here on the forums.

Do you see who submitted a report on the US-Server? On the INTL-Server I don't get that information. No username => no PM. :shock:

Gordonski
ImageNo stop signs, speed limitImageNobody's gonna slow me down!Image
Country Manager for Germany, Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte
gordonski
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

"Anonymized" email contacts

Postby vickimachado » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 pm

I have read that Waze is working on enabling editors to contact those who post update requests. I've wondered whether they've considered an "anonymizer" feature like the one Craigslist uses, putting a relay email address in place of the actual address. The editor could use it to ask a follow-up question, and then the user could choose (or not) to answer.
Area manager, Hawaii
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.2
vickimachado

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests