Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Some improvements Waze might have

Post by julianodeaguiar
Hi all,

Here in Brazil there are some huge areas without cell phone coverage, even aside major highways. So, I suggest the option for the waze client to record user's positions when outside coverage area of the cell phone network, accept any alerts and send those informations when the signal returns.

Another suggestion is the possibility for the user to record and export GPS data. Note that this is not the same of the log presented in live map of the user's last drives. Is the possibility to, at the press of a button, record some desired track, and then send this data to an external application, like Google Earth.

Juliano de Aguiar
julianodeaguiar

POSTER_ID:9758628

Send a message

Post by ghbrett
This not just limited to Brazil. I traveled from Ohio to Virginia last year and lost my AT&T iPhone signal and I think I lost any miles traveled. Once I got a signal again, I had to reset my destination. My trip was through tall hills and remote farm land on a national highway. Three questions: 1) What happens when you lose your data signal? 2) What happens to my miles when the signal disappears? 3) Is there a limit on how long my trip can be (this was around 530 miles). Thanks in advance for any help.
ghbrett
Send a message