Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Commuter idea

Post by Elgirts
I know that the topic of bicycles, carpool lanes, and busses have been brought up in the past, but I just had another idea to add to the list.

We all know that a person on a bike, in a carpool lane, as well as people riding busses can throw off the traffic readings for the main line during traffic. But!, what if there was a commuter button to toggle whenever you enter a carpool lane. This would negate the traffic readings. However, here is the twist! Since everyone wants to go green these days, have waze record separate green points for traveling green. Since there are those that like to have the highest points in everything, why not put that to good use and try to get people to top the green list. ;)
Elgirts

POSTER_ID:68126

Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Daknife
When/if Waze ever enables support for HOV lanes such an option will be required for it to work correctly. So I'm guessing it's in the works, though it may be in only the earliest stages.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by henryx
If you want to earn extra points this way, I want to earn extras for stopping at e-car charging stations, or hydrogen / LPG - "gas"-stations and for not littering bubblegums or banana peels... :D

scnr

hx
henryx
Send a message
Straße schreibt man mit ß!
HTC One2 M8 + QStarz BT-Q1200 Ultra Super 99
Carens II 2005 LPG / T4 Ambulance / Aquila 250

Post by jumar667
I think the commuter lane idea is a winner. I commute 40 miles each way and ride a motorcycle so I can use the commuter lanes.
jumar667
Send a message

Post by TK80866
Nice idea, but one thing I wonder about is how you want to make sure someone is really green or not? I mean, it is easy to say you drive a hybrid car, or a fast biker, while you might drive a big SUV with a 4 mpg mileage :)
TK80866
Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)