If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Feature Requests

Post by NoobianGod
Greetings WAZE Team and fellow WAZErs,

I've used WAZE for a year or two now and two features I would love to see would be the following...

1. The ability to add any type of Road Sign (i.e.: Speed limits, Construction Zone, Merge Left/Right, Detour)

2. Ability to add the Speed Limits to sections of road from the Map editor and from the Waze app directly.

I think this would be a great feature to see this information indicated with the Speedometer that appears on the Waze app while driving. And what a safety benefit it would be!

Maybe it could go yellow if you are driving within 5 miles over the limit, and then red above 5 miles?

Thank you for the consideration!

- NoobianGod
NoobianGod

POSTER_ID:3671778

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There is already a lane closed voice command which works fine. However, even with a non-voice command, it's not necessarily trivial. Let's say on a 6-lane (12-lane total) roadway, how do you specify which lane is closed? Right/left may be easy, but the middle 4 would be difficult to convey easily and consistently so anyone could understand.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
aplycon wrote:
bmoretw wrote:I always thought a good feature would be the ability to record a route you typically drive i.e. your drive to and from work. As you leave your house you press record, then hit stop once you arrive at work. That route is then saved and you can receive traffic alerts that impact it.
Waze already does this. Set your "work" destination in your navigation menu, start your drive from home with Waze navigating you to "work" and along the way drive the way you prefer regardless of the navigation directions and eventually Waze will learn your way
Not really. Please see the FAQ. The "learn" option has also been removed from the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Speed limits have been discussed at great length in the forum. Please search before posting. The general consensus is to NOT add speed limits.

As for the other things, you can report construction already (Hazard -> On Road) and we've asked for improvements to the Construction reporting system to allow for lane closure indication. A Road Closed feature is just entering testing in the Beta Client and right now only works in a limited fashion. Waze is currently working on extended functionality for it.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by aplycon
bmoretw wrote:I always thought a good feature would be the ability to record a route you typically drive i.e. your drive to and from work. As you leave your house you press record, then hit stop once you arrive at work. That route is then saved and you can receive traffic alerts that impact it.
Waze already does this. Set your "work" destination in your navigation menu, start your drive from home with Waze navigating you to "work" and along the way drive the way you prefer regardless of the navigation directions and eventually Waze will learn your way
aplycon
Send a message
-AP

Paramedic|Denver, CO
Nexus 6P, Android 6.0.1, Waze 3.9.8.0[/size]

Post by BLKOviedo
I third this request. I have been traveling up and down 95 between VA & FL multiple times in the past few months and have encountered single lane closures many times with no viable way to warn those behind me which lane is closed. As we all know, the sooner drivers get into the one passable lane, the quicker the tie-up diminishes. This feature would be invaluable for those of us just trying to get home as sanely and politely as possible. Thanks.
BLKOviedo
Send a message

Post by bmoretw
I always thought a good feature would be the ability to record a route you typically drive i.e. your drive to and from work. As you leave your house you press record, then hit stop once you arrive at work. That route is then saved and you can receive traffic alerts that impact it.
bmoretw
Send a message

Post by ColinWu58
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:There is already a lane closed voice command which works fine. However, even with a non-voice command, it's not necessarily trivial. Let's say on a 6-lane (12-lane total) roadway, how do you specify which lane is closed? Right/left may be easy, but the middle 4 would be difficult to convey easily and consistently so anyone could understand.
If there is not already a convention for numbering lanes perhaps Waze can simply adopt one. There are only two possible ways: number them left to right or right to left, in addition to the "My side"/"Other side" flag. :)
ColinWu58
Send a message

Post by SammyQ2
I second the request for Lane closure reporting. Sometimes we have 15 mile stretches where a two lane has narrowed to one lane. Sometimes it's for a day, sometimes for a month. This would be very good to include.
SammyQ2
Send a message