General Feature requests

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: General Feature requests

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 pm

txemt wrote:I was thinking today....I'd like to see a "red light out" report.

This has been suggested before... Waze will automatically detect the jam associated with the light being out and route you around it (just remember that sometimes it's still faster to go through the jam & sometimes you are the jam).
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

sued-18 wrote:Downloaded the update/version 3.6 tonight. I found the large road name signs obscured my highlighted route.

Please put your feedback in the version 3.6 feedback thread in the client forum. Be specific, with screenshots if possible, about what the "large road name signs" are. (I'm not aware of any display size changes from v3.5 to v3.6.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Construction on shoulder->yeah, that'd be nice. If it's enough to cause some disruption or slowdown to the road though, I just report it as Road construction.

Current only way to report Vehicle stopped on road is to use a voice command.

The v2.x Waze app used to put street names in vertical/different orientations. Not sure why they changed that. Maybe to stop drivers from tilting their head to far?

Google Search issue is due to API change Waze didn't keep up with. I'm not sure if there might be an issue Google has with Waze using them for search results. They may have made it "impossible" for Waze to use Google. I'm hoping to get more details from Waze directly on this.

It was suggested long ago that Waze utilize the more detailed Foursquare venue categories, but it also has to be something which fits into categories from multiple search providers.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Previous

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests