If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Connectivity by default set to all streets

Post by tomylee
Lately I look more at the connectivity of each street part. When select several street segments and name it, set it as two ways and so on. Sometimes there is no connectivity to the part before or after and never any to the streets joining this one (but there is a junction).

To set the connectivity for each segment is a huuuuuuuuuge work and if we dont do it, the navigation is a mess.

Therefor the conectivity must be set to every street around connected with a junction as default.

It just dosn't help if users try to navigate from one street to the next and waze does give a way from 30min all over the city.
tomylee

POSTER_ID:293426

Send a message

Post by Elgirts
Another option is that if you are looking at the editing map, and your intended route looks valid, you could post a permalink here for us to look at. Sometimes one of us could spot something you missed, or is not that readily apparent at first glance.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by FrisbeeDog
The speeds shown in Cartouche are not the average speed of the segments used for routing.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by noodlesnz
This road has a speed of 905km/h (http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4 ... FFTTFFTTTT)

It looks like someone with a 747 has been using Waze :)
noodlesnz
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
tomylee wrote:but this learning takes a very long time. I have a part I drive every day since 2 or 3 weeks with waze and still it does take the loooooong way. I even checked connectivity in the cartouche but still the same.

I think the examples mostly funny kindergarden storries or very d..... drivers......
There have been other forum posts about routes not showing up on dashboard. It is possible that the route analysis routines have fallen behind and therefore you are not getting the benefit of the driving auto corrections. Check you dashboard and see if the routes section has your latest drives. Allow 24 to 48 hours, if you have drives older than that, that are now showing, I would send an email to alpha@waze.com asking if they could look into it.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
noodlesnz wrote:This road has a speed of 905km/h (http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4 ... FFTTFFTTTT)

It looks like someone with a 747 has been using Waze :)
This thread is kinda getting off topic, but this is caused by road editing. Currently the speeds are adjusted or wiped when a road segment is edited. So if the length get adjusted, the speeds can fluctuate. It will get corrected after only a few passes over the road.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by tomylee
but this learning takes a very long time. I have a part I drive every day since 2 or 3 weeks with waze and still it does take the loooooong way. I even checked connectivity in the cartouche but still the same.

I think the examples mostly funny kindergarden storries or very d..... drivers......
tomylee
Send a message

Post by tomylee
there seems to be a big mess with the system. dashboard date and my traveled roads are up to date but my dashboard says I do have 20 forum posts but actually I do have over 60. two weeks ago I was away and did edit some streets and freeways. some are in the live map but some not (sometimes just a street segment and the other parts not) and live map says its updated the may 25.

maybe there should be two options. a save way option where the driver can be sure its valid and a advature navigation. I dont know if the option "prever cockie munching" does the trick?!

to my problem:
it got better but still it doesn't navigate over one node
http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4 ... FFFFFFTTTT

I come down Bramelder Chaussee and the I will drive to Wandsbeker Straße. Waze navigates over Haldesdorfer Straße after I made the whole connectivity in this area.
tomylee
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Waze is very conservative in routing in that it will only use "known good" segments and turns. These are segments and turns that have either been driven by the client or manually edited in Cartouche.

The advantage of this is that it prevents (mostly) the chance of Waze telling you to cut through an airport, military base, industrial park, farm, etc when those roads exist on the map but are not classified correctly. Even right by my house are roads which don't exist any more in reality but were in the map (until I removed them).

So the routing that is presented by Waze is valid, but not optimal. It relies on at least some users knowing better and NOT listening 100% to what Waze says.

With occasional stories of people following the instructions from their GPS to the letter and driving into buildings or rivers, I think that is an important fact for all users to learn -- the GPS does not know all!

But over time Waze will learn. The way I look at it is that every time you IGNORE Waze you actually make things better because you are teaching it something new.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
tomylee wrote:but this learning takes a very long time. I have a part I drive every day since 2 or 3 weeks with waze and still it does take the loooooong way. I even checked connectivity in the cartouche but still the same.

There have been issues seen where road segments end up with unrealistic average speeds after being edited in Cartouche. I myself had a stretch of road with three segments each with average speeds of around 30mph. I then joined the 3 into one long segment, and that segment then reported an average speed of over 100 mph :shock:

So besides the delayed information as RallyChris mentioned, it could be that your "long" way really does look to Waze to be quicker.

You can check for situations like that with the live map and/or Cartouche but you couldn't do anything about it unfortunately. Maybe driving the long route a few times will convince Waze that its assumptions are wrong and give it more data to arrive at a more realistic average speed.

Waze learns like a child, slowly at times and it needs both positive and negative examples to prove out its assumptions.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator