Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Weight/Height restriction

Post by goimir
Some of us drive vehicles bigger than the family sedan, and it would be awesome for bridge postings to have a weight/height field. Today waze tried sending me over a bridge posted at 5 tons and the vehicle I was in is registered at 9 tons. I knew better and went a different way but it'd be handy if you could input that info somewhere and have it disregard those routes.
goimir

POSTER_ID:14420228

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jamesroblowe wrote:I have bridge heights for the uk in tomtom poi format. Is there a way to import them to waze?
Since, per above posts, there is no support in Waze for this, there is nowhere for that data to go. I would be hesitant with that data anyway, unless it is your personal data. If it belongs at all to TomTom, there could be licensing/copyright concerns.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
This has been suggested before, and while several of us think it's a good idea, we also think it will be very difficult to implement & maintain. I think a simple "No Trucks" option (and a truck vehicle type) would be a good start. Check out this thread for more http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33709
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by floppyrod84
If this data is contributed you can be sure that your account will be removed. Just a warning. I'm sure Google have this stuff anyway so when it all gets integrated at some point we'll be able to update and add this info.

Watch this space. .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by goimir
Maybe an option for local drivers could be to allow individuals to click a segment on the map and say"I do not travel this segment". How badly would that effect the routing?

Right now, click "show route options" and go a different way.
goimir
Send a message

Post by jamesroblowe
I have bridge heights for the uk in tomtom poi format. Is there a way to import them to waze?
jamesroblowe
Send a message

Post by txemt
I like the idea, but that's a LOT of bridges that are marked (and unmarked) with weight limits. On top of that, a lot of the road segments are one continuous segment over the bridges (creeks) and don't get separated out, so a road segment that's 5 miles long be rated for 5 tons and under for a bridge that's only...500 feet long...that's a lot of road marked as "do not travel for trucks" but then again...that is the purpose.

I've had an idea of being able to add the vehicle type you're driving, that way if you're driving an 18-wheeler, Waze won't direct you down a residential neighborhood to avert traffic, but haven't figured out how it would do that, thus I haven't presented it to anyone, yet.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.