If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Bugs and New Features

Post by magicdgk
Voice Guidance is great, but it always tells me to turn AFTER I've passed the turn. It would be great if the voice guidance gave you a warning when approaching the turn (a couple of blocks at least).

It would also be great to request alternate routes before even starting to drive. The program always tells me to go ways that are much longer....like taking freeways that are always much busier than others. Is there a reason the routes can't be calculated using Google Maps api, and then followed using the waze interface? Google Maps also provides live traffic, so why can't Waze draw traffic info from there?

It would be useful to be able to see a list of directions, or advance to the next step manually so I can see what my route will be.

Is there a way to turn the screen off so I can save battery, but keep the app active on my iPhone so it will still give me voice guidance? I know this is possible since I listen to Pandora all the time with my screen off....but when I use Waze, the screen doesn't seem to turn off.
magicdgk

POSTER_ID:20741

Send a message

Post by KW33D
Voice guidance gives a warning at .5 mile and .1 mile away from a course change. Although sometimes I don't get any voice at all, so it may be a bug.

Keep driving the route you normally would. At least for me it stopped suggesting the "bad" route.
Google Maps are free to us but in no way are they free to other businesses, there are many restrictions/loopholes.
magicdgk wrote:It would be useful to be able to see a list of directions, or advance to the next step manually so I can see what my route will be.
Nice suggestion, I will 2nd that :)
magicdgk wrote:Is there a way to turn the screen off so I can save battery, but keep the app active on my iPhone so it will still give me voice guidance? I know this is possible since I listen to Pandora all the time with my screen off....but when I use Waze, the screen doesn't seem to turn off.
I'm sure it is POSSIBLE but considering it is a visual GPS application that will probably not be high on the todo list. May have to wait on a developer to answer that one.
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Just to add a bit to the elaborate response.
We are going to deal with the prompts and change the notification in a more relative manner to the speed travelled.
We are looking to provide alternative routes in a visual manner. This is not trivial as obviously we need look for meaningful routes (not just going 1 street to the right and back) but we are working on it.
Screen off ? Will add to wish list and see what we can do about it.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message