If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Couple of Routing weirdness issues

Post by OscarC
First, when I choose "Avoid Highways", or rather when I UNchoose it, it kinda makes it "Force myself ONTO any and all highways, even if it's out of the way and makes my commute longer". I think it should just use the Highway path if it's actually shorter or faster (or whatever your preference is set to). the other side of that, avoid highways is more like "avoid highways like the plague and as soon as it detects I'm on one, make me do nonsensical directional contortions to get off of it as soon as possible!" It should let me continue onto the next street that is on my route (if possible) and then make me turn.

Second, when I'm following a route, it seems to make my car on the client follow that path even when I don't take it. That is, it doesn't follow my GPS it just assumes I'm going the routed path and I see my car icon going off on that blue/purple route path even if I'm not taking it, then it will eventually snap to where I am. Can't it just always show my icon wherever my GPS is? Same when I'm in an uncharted parking lot, it forces my car icon to snap to the nearest road (causing those false traffic jams). It should just put me whereever my GPS signal shows I am and if there's no road there, Waze should ignore it.

my 2 cents,
OscarC
OscarC

POSTER_ID:61794

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/65/W ... tc-sig.png https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/aa/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager

Post by robin1979
For the second request, your mobile phone's GPS is way to inaccurate. It would show your car more 'off-the-road' than 'on-the-road'. It was like this in older versions (probably < 1.4).
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe